Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taboo

So if you're reading this and you tend to blush easily...maybe you should stop.

I feel that in the Mormon culture especially, there are a million and a half taboo topics that everyone sweeps under the carpet in order to pretend like we all like making funeral potatoes and relief society center pieces and nothing else really matters.

Such topics include:
1. Why blacks couldn't have the priesthood for so long
2. If we have more than one heavenly mother
3. Homosexuality

I do not like sweeping.

Therefore, lets talk about sex.

Yep, I said it. Sex.

Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Are you getting uncomfortable yet?

Good :) neither am I.

Today I was standing in line at the bookstore to buy post-it notes. I turned around and it just so happened that the girl that was standing behind me was my old roommate's sister. I never got to know her super well last winter but I still tried to make small talk because I could tell she remembered me too. I noticed she was sporting a big fat rock on her finger so I said something about it. Turns out, she's been married for 6 months but only gets to see her husband once a month for a few days at a time because of his job.

(In my head I was thinking "Well that sucks, sex is finally legal but now you can't even have it!")

She must have read my thoughts because right after that she exuberantly informed me that I didn't have to worry.... because apparently they sext.

That's right. SEXT.

Like have sex. Only through texting. Sexting.


Just a thought: What if you replied to the wrong person on accident while sexting? Try explaining that to the girl in your class who only wanted to see when you could meet up for a group project.

Another thought: One word: blackmail.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really glad I see my husband 30 or so nights a month...sexting doesn't sound as fun as the real thing....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been talked about by the General Authorities-

    And- for the record- I am not at all uncomfortable talking about sex- but I do think that private things should be private-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ha. Think before you ink right?

    ReplyDelete