Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Clock

There are certain things in this life that I would die for. Like family, my religion, my dreams, and Lindt Milk Chocolate truffles. There are also things I live for. Like family, my religion, my dreams and Lindt Milk Chocolate truffles. To get through the long days and short weeks, though, I have a whole other list. Everybody has delightful little surprises that either make or break their moods. 
These are things that I adore (I love that word...adore)
The smell of fresh cut grass
When someone (besides myself) remembers May Day
Fingernail polish
Boys playing with my hair
Concerts
Tulips
Unexpected Compliments (both giving and receiving)
The Fourth of July
Statistics
Kids with miss-matched clothes
Indie headbands
These are things that I strongly dislike (my mom still doesn't let me use the word 'hate')
The sound of hangers sliding on clothing racks
Shaving my armpits
When people try to be too cool
The freckle I have on my philtrum
Lemons in my water
Hypocritical people 
When people don't smile back when you smile at them

There's a jillion more things I could add to both lists but I thought I'd just give you an idea of who I am. I'd like to think I'm 'one of a kind' and in a way, I am. But i've recently decided to give up on the notion of trying to ALWAYS be the different one. If I conform in some ways, then so be it. If I don't conform in some ways, then so be that too...

I like Lady Gaga and sing to graves in cemeteries. Sue me. 

Tip #3 This isn't a joke or a tip... but it still made me laugh. A lady I was helping at work the other day had on a shirt that said "I'm not a gynecologist... but i'll still take a look!" 

1 comment:

  1. After my first day at work with gynecology patients, that lady has no idea what she is wearing!!!!
    You have more in common with me than you think and it is alright to conform if what you are conforming to is who you really are.

    ReplyDelete