Friday, June 25, 2010

What would you do (oooo) for a klondike bar? (You know... like the commercial)

  I'm not sure I would do anything for a klondike bar, because even though I've seen that stupid commercial about 142,489 times, I don't know what a klondike bar is. It might be ice cream. I had the theme song of this bar stuck in my head yesterday as I waited for 4.5 HOURS outside of the Apple store at the Gateway for the iphone 4. That seems crazy right? Wrong. There were people there that had waited for over 24 hours. Those were the really nutty people that had forgotten to reserve their iphone and had to wait in the other, much slower, line. If I was the one actually getting the phone, I think I wouldn't have waited. For those of you who aren't apple freaks, the orders are so backed up for the iphone 4, you probably couldn't get one until the end of July unless you got yours yesterday. The phone wasn't for me though, it was for my grandma. My 64 year old (I think?), gone through chemo and kicked cancer's sorry ass (that evil disease deserves such language), tough as nails, most popular lady in provo, tea party thrower grandma. I would do a lot for her klondike bar. 

  My Mom is coming tomorrow night! My whole family is actually! Minus my Dad. If you haven't met my Dad (which Mom, since you're the only person who really knows about this blog, you have), you would agree that he is a little awkward and intimidating to meet at first. He's very organized, though you wouldn't know it by looking at our brown room. He's also very methodical, heaven forbid someone puts dishes in the right sink. My Dad is also extremely service-oriented, which you would find out within the first 10 minutes of meeting him. He's done a paper route with all of us kids since I was 9. Half the time he felt too bad waking us kids up that early that he'd go and do it by himself and then just pretend like we did it. He's remodeled half our house it seems like and has a habit of painting a room or something when my mom goes away for vacation and he can't go. I think me and my dad have one of the world's best moments ever. I was playing basketball at one of the camps at Gonzaga and we were all lined up for this girl to take her foul shots. It was a 1-1. I looked up and saw my dad standing over the track terrace and winked at him. He winked back and smiled. The girl missed her first shot and I ended up getting the rebound. The end. Seems so simple, but I think that image will be burned in my mind forever. My dad made it to almost every single one of my games. He did a lot for my Klondike bar. 

I've had a lot of free time this summer, due to the fact that I don't know very many people in Utah and only work 25 hours a week. I'm grateful for the 'slow time' i've had lately, although it is way out of my character to not be busy. I've learned a few things: Good habits are essential, and the hardest part of acquiring them is just starting them in the first place and also, that if the people you love aren't happy, you won't be either, so you might as well help fix their problems and worry about your own some other time. Go stock up on your ice cream. 


Tip- I heard this when I was standing in line for the iphone. To stop a bloody nose, hold a piece of onion up your nose. The smell from them is supposed to be a natural coagulant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment