Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kids!


I'm sure you already know this because I've talked about it before, but my major is Early Childhood/Special Education and I ADORE it. I love all my classes. I even love all my homework.

Here's Why:

1. In my practicum classes I am teaching 1st and 3rd graders. My first graders get their "b's" and their "d's". One student wrote "I love to ride my dike" about 20 times all over his paper.

2. My third graders are discovering that girls and boys have different plumbing. I got to witness an intense conversation about why girls can't pee standing up while I was on recess duty. I pretended not to listen so that they would keep talking.

3. 3 of my first graders stripped their shirts off during one of my lessons. Later I had to give them a talk on the difference between modesty and nudity. I also had to explain myself to the professor that was auditing me during that lesson. I was in tears that day. Now I can laugh about it.

4. My students call me Miss. Mattinson. They have no clue that I am 19 and don't know the first thing about taxes.

5. Every student worships me if I wear their favorite color and bring them Fun Dip for every holiday.












(I'm pretty sure candy is the secret to all parenting)

2 comments:

  1. not when parenting includes trips to the dentist and the bills that entails.

    Candy falls into the department of bribery- from teachers, babysitters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't post it here- but a horrid thing happened in a 1st or 2nd grade class in CA a few months ago that was on the news- I will have to tell you about that in a more private setting- even though it was all over the news- I don't want to type it out

    ReplyDelete