Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I love it when I wake up in the morning and I don't feel like P. Diddy


Because i'd rather feel like Laci. 

19 reasons why this year was one of my favorites! (in no particular order, because that's way too hard)

19. I got a job last summer being a maid. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but it taught me that I could do anything for 4 months. 

18. I started keeping a blog the last couple of months AND a journal. Yes, I am that cool. 

17. I dated... A LOT. 

16. Tyler Porter gave me one of the greatest examples I could ever ask for and went to serve the Lord for two years. 

15. I started school at BYU-Idaho!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot Woot!

14. My mom started the Nurse Practitioner program at WSU.

13. I got to see my younger siblings gain testimonies in things like prayer and faith. 

12. I grew my hair out! SUCH a big deal to me. I want long hair. Like EXTRA long hair. It'll take me another year or so but thanks to prenatal vitamins, I have a good start. 

11. I realized that teaching children is my calling and that Special Education is the perfect fit. 

10. All my clothes from middle school and freshman year? I still fit into those. Take that, girls who never even got hips until senior year. I had mine in 6th grade... 

9. I had fabulous roommates at school who taught me that first impressions aren't always accurate. 

8. Julianne Fullmer and Kileigh Martin became some of my dearest and nearest friends. Honestly, I wasn't even sure I knew how to be a friend before them...

7. Thanks to facebook stalking everyone in my entire graduating class, I noticed I was one of the few people who didn't gain a single pound- not even the freshman 15. 

6. I worked super de dooper hard in school and was able to keep my scholarship for next year. Free college rocks! Can I get an Amen?

5. I learned that it's okay to miss my family because that means I have good relationships with them. 

4. Brooke Porter got to pass on to a pain-free, peaceful life. 

3. I learned how to make beautiful hair flowers for about a dollar, instead of like 15. 

2. My mom and grandma remained cancer-free. 

1. I grew to really love myself and be grateful for my many talents. 

FACT- This year will be even awesome-er. 

Tip- To make hair flowers- Buy the ugly kinds at the dollar store and take them apart. Glue the petals back together how you want them and use old fashioned, glitzy buttons for the center. Then, just hot glue a plan metal clip to the back with a piece of ribbon holding the top part in place and the walah! (wow, never tried to spell that word before...) there's your flower. I have about a million of them. Now if only floppy hats would come back into style...

2 comments:

  1. Voila! I wouldn't worry about it though, it isn't actually English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you actually got to know the amazing person you have always been!!

    ReplyDelete