Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blues.

Running a marathon is very anti-climatic.

Don't get me wrong, it was one of the best things I've ever done in my life and I'm so glad I did it.

But now every time the temperature drops below 20 degrees (which is everyday here in Idaho), my knees ache and it feels like my arches are going to collapse when I go up stairs wrong. I may as well be an 80 year-old grandma.

On top of that, I 97.634% positive I am experiencing runner's depression. Basically it happens after you run a big race... and then you have no desire whatsoever to work out, let alone run, again in your life.

Help!

Should I sign up for another marathon?

Should I suck it up and continue doing p90x 3 days a week like I have been?

Should I invest in liposuction?

Please let me know what you think. I'm on the verge of growing a muffin top.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laci! I wish you lived closer so we could motivate each other!!! I have a serious case of postpartum blahs (and a muffin top, seriously what the heck I've never had a muffin top before).
    Maybe we can text motivate each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laci start training for tri's with me haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signed up for another marathon! June 11th. Training starts monday.... ick.

    ReplyDelete