Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I miss.

1. Kids. Nobody tells you that when you go to college, no one is allowed to bring their younger siblings.

2. Holding hands. It's been a long time. I think hand-holding is more intimate than kissing...

3. Mint brownies. Have you tasted heaven? Because I have.

4. Concerts. If I had money (which I don't because I have to pay for textbooks that my teachers never have us read) I would go to Salt Lake every weekend. Concerts there are bomb.com...times a google.

5. My sister. She gets me. Even though she's half a decade younger than I am.

6. Rockwood Blvd. Fall is my favorite season and driving down that road captures the very essence of it.

7. Reading for fun. This guy in one of my classes was reading Freakanomics. I was jealous.

8. Diversity. BYU-I girl= Plain bootcut jeans with sparkle buttons on the bum with a shade t-shirt and black flats with tiny bows. BYU-I boy= American Eagle jeans with a knock-off polo and k-swiss shoes. Barf.

9. Shopping. Wal-mart anyone? Or K-mart?

10. Sharing my testimony. For a church university, there aren't as many opportunities as you think there would be...

4 comments:

  1. I love Freakanomics and I still miss reading for fun. I'll have to try and pencil that in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss reading for fun also. I am keeping a list for when i can. The leaves haven't turned on Rockwood Blvd yet. I am with you on the hand holding. I can fix the mint brownie craving. At work I have had enough diversity for both of us. I have literally seen almost everything. I miss having cancer because it seemed like I had a chance to bear my testimony nearly every day and people wanted to hear what I had to say.
    Your sister misses you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother misses you too!!!! I don't go shopping without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand holding is awesome, but please don't buy into thinking it is more intimate than kissing. From what I see and hear, it is one of Satan's more popular tools. Kissing should be more intimate ( and I don't mean style- I mean committment) I am afraid it has become so casual, just kiss anybody and everybody without thought or care. The more something is saved, the more it is treasured.

    I miss my sisters too. I need to read for fun again, instead of using it to try and sleep. Not sleeping which is generally not a good sign of what is coming- emotion wise.

    Love you! Put a high value on your hands and your lips!

    ReplyDelete