Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What being poor really means.

I've been in the library since 12:30 pm today. It's now 8:00 pm.

My Dad would be very pleased with my current hydration level. I've had to use the bathroom 5 times since I've been here. Usually, I hate public bathrooms. I once held it for an entire day when we went camping because the outhouses were too gross for me. Did you ever go on a Pioneer Trek? I held it for 2 days when I was on mine because I refused to nature pee.

I'm not high maintenance, I promise. I just prefer to do business in a bathroom where I have no risk of contracting chlamydia.

My last trip to the David O. McKay Library 1st floor ladies room reaffirmed my fear of public restrooms.

I had my student identification card in my back pocket of my Vigross jeans from earlier today. You need it for everything you do here (from getting into the gym, to printing things off in the library). It's ten dollars to replace.

As I was pulling up my jeans, I heard a small clink.


Exploitive. Exploitive. Exploitive.


To make matters worse, the toilets flush automatically.

I had .356 seconds to decide whether I was going to reach my hand in and grab it, or let it go down and just fork over the ten dollars to replace it.

I did title this post, "What being poor really means" so I'm guessing you can figure out what I ultimately decided to do.



I am now googling "diseases that are contracted in bathrooms" and preparing for the worst.




In case I do not make it until tomorrow, farewell faithful blog followers. Until we meet again.


4 comments:

  1. Your Dad would have sent you the ten dollars. We won't tell him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo- your dad doesn't even touch elevator buttons with his fingertip- I think he would be grossed out- although- "it" (urine)is supposed to be more sterile than anything in your mouth-

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. You DO NOT want to hear LK's stories from his mission- especially the apartment in Botucatu. I have even been spared the details of that one. Although his dad saw it in person.

    ReplyDelete