Monday, November 22, 2010

I. Am. My. Mother.

I don't think I've gone more than 12 hours without a pair of earrings on this semester.

Yesterday I spent 6 hours decorating my apartment for Christmas.

I watched the "Color Splash" marathon they had on HGTV yesterday.

My pajamas that I'm wearing are a matching top and bottom set.

I told my roommate a couple days ago to "Be who you are going to be, no matter what".

I cook on Sundays for all of my apartment and my meals are always extremely elaborate.

All of my roommates have received full-out pedicures from me. Fancy tools included.

Yesterday I listened to "Not Your Mother's LDS Music" after church. My mom has that CD.

Grapefruit Sobe anyone?


I cook like her, I decorate like her, I say things that she would say, I do things the way she would do them, I have the same facial expressions as her, I snap the way she snaps (which is important if you know my mother) and I'm starting to think I need a separate purse/bag for everything I own.

I don't look like my mom much. Especially if you see me with my natural dirty blonde hair color. I inherited exactly 2 things from her physically. My green eyes and my cup size.

Everyday though I find myself behaviorally morphing into the woman that gave birth to me.



I am definitely not complaining.



Because my mom is cooler than your mom.








3 comments:

  1. Cooler than my mom? I don't know, I think it's pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way sis about me morphing into dad in a lot of ways haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooler than my mom? Can't be -your mom is becoming her mom who is also my mom, who is your grand mom- so you are slowly becoming your grandmom.

    ReplyDelete