Saturday, November 13, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship

Words/Names I Hate:
Bianca
Danae
Seth
Squirt
Anthrax
Shaft

Words/Names I Love:
Colloquial
Incandescently
Kinesthetic
Eliza
Jax
Owen


My modern day plight:

I have (more than once) been confused for an Albino when I've forgotten to wear bronzer. To hopefully prevent this from happening again, I decided that I would go tanning every once in a while this semester. The first time I went, I stayed in the bed for 10 minutes. I probably will now get skin cancer from that single exposure. My skin is entirely too sensitive. The second time wasn't as bad. The third time wasn't that bad either. Nobody could really tell that I had been tanning because after the first 24 hours (or after the redness subsided), my skin only darkened about a half a shade. That is, nobody could tell until today.


Today would be the day I would go tanning for the fourth time. I did everything the same as I had every other time. Let me just tell you though, the results are scary....


Blotchy.

Blotchy.

Streaky.

Red.

White.

Orange.

Orange.

Orange.



These are all adjectives that describe the current state of my epidermis. Which happens to be the largest organ my body contains. Which also happens to be the most obvious organ my body contains.


I wanted to post pictures.


I couldn't bring myself to do so.


I'm embarrassed at my vanity.


1 comment:

  1. You must get that skin from your poppa- because most of the rest of us get nice and dark- easily.

    I don't want to rub it in or anything. (he he)

    ReplyDelete