Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pep Talk.


The older I get, the more I realize that I am the only person that can make me happy. It's hard sometimes. Actually, sometimes it's almost impossible. I don't know if you are familiar with the five love languages, but if you are, my love language is words of affirmation (followed by quality time). I didn't think of this at first, but I frequently give myself pep talks. I guess that's how I tell myself that I love myself?

Of course it's better when someone else gives me one, but I make do. After yesterday, I need to give myself a little confidence boost.


10 Reasons Why I am the Coolest Laci You'll Ever Meet

10. I can do a plethora of stupid human tricks. Seriously, like show-and-tell worthy tricks.

9. I will never forget your birthday.

8. I will let you borrow my clothes, shoes, make-up and jewelry and I won't even get mad at you if you ruin them.

7. I will listen to every single one of your problems over and over and over again until we figure out a solution.

6. If I make a pinky promise to you, I will pluck my left eyebrow off before I break it.

5. I will laugh at all your jokes, even if they are lame. And it won't be a fake laugh either, chances are I really will think it's funny.

4. I will write a song about you and make a fool out of myself singing it if it will make you feel even a tiny bit happier.

3. If you are my true friend, I will hike to the ends of the earth in a snow storm with no shoes on just to make sure you know how much you mean to me.

2. I do cool things. Like run marathons, play the harmonica, bake cinnamon rolls, wear toe rings and dance like a grandma on opium.

1. I am the ONLY Laci you will ever meet. Nobody is quite like me and I can prove it.



I love myself. I have so many talents and abilities that I can use to bless the lives of others. I'm smart, beautiful and important.


I am important.


2 comments:

  1. I second this motion made by Laci! Love you sis! It's important to love yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more important than you will ever know. Lindi and I thought about making a count down calendar of when you are coming home- we are so excited!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete