Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's only fair.

I wrote about my roommate's guy situation a while ago. I guess it's only fair to write about mine? Don't get too excited though, I won't reveal too much.

Guys in my life always tend to come in sets of three and this semester has been no exception. It's fun having options. Then again, it's harder to have options.

Without further adieu, in the order that I met them:

British Columbia- I asked one of my roommate's friends at the beginning of the semester to give me guitar lessons. He probably didn't want to do it in the first place, but he's a stellar guy so of course he agreed. He comes to Sunday dinner (well, sometimes) and once a week we get together and I make a fool of myself trying to learn songs he wrote himself. I love it! Ha no actually I really love it. I'm learning a lot. My roommate told me that he wanted to ask me out about a month ago. I figured she was joking because I thought I wasn't really British Columbia's type. I was caught completely off-guard when he actually did ask me out. The date was fun. I like him. I could end the story right there because there isn't anything that has happened since then. He's not interested. Kinda sucks, for me at least. But hey! At least I'm getting better at the guitar?

Jekyl- I actually met him in my psychology class last Fall. I must not have made a very big impact on him though because when we ended up in the same religion class this semester, he had no idea who I was. Not to worry! We ended up sitting next to each other and making small talk and such. About a month into the semester, he finally asked my for my phone number. Unfortunately, he didn't do anything with it for about 2 weeks. No call, no text. Did you know that 70% of guys that ask for a girls' number don't ever make contact with her again? I can thank my brother for that statistic. He was being so encouraging when I told him about my situation. Come to find out, Jekyl entered my phone number wrong in his phone and had been trying to get in touch! Crazy huh. Well, today will officially be our second date. It should be awesome :) Jekyl makes me laugh. Plus he calls be foxy.

Eminem- Devotional is every tuesday and I am a creature of habit. Naturally, I sit in the very same chair, in the very same position, with the very same people every single week. A couple weeks ago though, I couldn't make it due to a group meeting. Devotional ended early so I went to find my roommates for a bit to talk with them before class. While standing there, this guy came up to us and introduced himself. He said he had seen us sitting there every week and he figured he might as well come over and meet us. Little did he know, all three of us had shamelessly checked him out every single tuesday because he always sat two rows in front of us to the left. We felt creepy that we already knew exactly who he was and already had a nickname for him. Well, I felt creepy at least. When everybody was getting ready to leave, he turned and randomly asked me on a date! I know right? He's got some serious guts. They paid off though because tonight will be our second date!




All this talk about boys has me missing my beloved Brooke... We would sit and talk for hours about our crushes and the day when we would finally get to be sealed for eternity. She obviously never got to see that day in her mortal life but I know she'll be with me when I make that important decision for myself. Love you, my sweet Brooklet...

No comments:

Post a Comment