Thursday, October 21, 2010

Scarfey.


When my sister was younger, she received a pink, fuzzy, skinny scarf from some white elephant exchange she did at gymnastics. I don't remember her even liking the scarf at first. Then, out of nowhere she developed an attachment to it. Every night before she went to bed, she would find that skinny scarf and wrap it around her neck a dozen or so times and then proceed to sleep with it. Having been subject to it many times, I can attest to the fact that my sister is a total HEATER when she sleeps. Because of the new addition to her sleeping attire, she was forced to shed a few articles of other, unneeded clothing. So, she finally just ended up sleeping in her skivies with scarfey as a noose. This ritual continued for about a year. After that, the scarf only made appearances about every few months or so. When I came to college, my sister stuck scarfey into my bag and insisted that I take it with me because it smelled like her. She must really love me huh :)

Needless to say, every time I attempt to wear a scarf, I think of waking up to that pink thing wrapped around her neck a dozen times. It always makes me chuckle a bit.


I wear scarfs a lot... in my apartment. I don't look to awesome in them so I haven't branched out and worn them in public. Yet.

You can tell I think I'm hilarious. I don't really know how to tie them either.... Which is another reason I don't wear them in public.

No scarf for me today I decided.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing that could possible signal more love would be for Jace to hand over B- Think that he would do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck no ha that thing is glued to his bed.

    ReplyDelete