Friday, October 22, 2010

Starfish.


I'm sure we've all heard this story eleventy-billion times. But, it's too good to not repeat.


Once upon a time, there was an old man walking along the beach. At this particular time of year, there were thousands and thousands of starfish that had been washed up on the shore and left to meet their fate in the heat of the sun. The old man eventually came upon a young girl. To his surprise, she was picking starfish up one by one, and throwing them back into the ocean. He knew there were too many for her to make a big impact so he shouted out to her, "What are you doing? You can't possibly save every one or make a difference!" The wise little girl bent down and picked up yet another starfish and gently tossed it back into the sea. She then looked up at him and said, "I made a difference for that one."


Woah. Reality check.


How many starfish have you tossed back lately?


I know I could do better.








P.S. I just now figured out how to change the color of the text. I feel 1 .3 times as cool now.

No comments:

Post a Comment